Friday, October 14, 2011

Snow Flakes

Snow flakes.

For the first time since we settled in the last frontier, I've been waiting for them! Of course, we have snow throughout most of the year, but I wasn't sure that I'll be alive long enough to enjoy their return. It's not very Alaskan to appreciate the returning snow, but for me, it is easy to rejoice in the redundancy of the seasons. Since diagnosis, I have been through spring, survived the summer, and I am here, welcoming the fall. I'll welcome the snow flakes as I did the drop in temperature. I'll welcome them with warmth. I find myself anxiously peeking through the window every morning, but so far, I've only spotted frost. This year, if and when I get to feel the weightless, gentle caresses of the white, fluffy flakes, I will rejoice!

No comments:

Post a Comment