Friday, May 4, 2012

This morning, I went to the store, and came home with six beautifully radiant Geranium plants. Before they came home with me, they temporarily dwelled outside of our neighborhood's store. They sat there bathing in the beautiful Alaskan spring sun and as shoppers go by, the plants call "Buy me! Buy me!" Needless to say, I felt compelled to adopt at least some of them.

When I got back home, I planted my new plants and officially welcomed spring. Now, the temperatures have been swinging up and down in recent days, and I even noticed several lonely snow flakes floating in the air the other day, but without a doubt, and I'm sure that fellow Alaskans would agree:  it is spring.

Just as the flowers bloom, opening their colorful petals to the sun, us, less colorful humans, do the same, and as we shed our coats and winter gears, we expose ourselves to welcome the sun and soak in its caressing rays.  And they are plentiful today! And for me, the sun brings not only warmth, but it also carries yet another season on its rays. It is spring again, and I am still here.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the great news & stories of spring flowers! Sending big hugs your way. My sister is just finishing up her chemo treatments. Love to you all! Jackie

    ReplyDelete